Dr. Saluti sees athletes for the prevention and treatment of injuries, specializing in the non-operative treatment of musculoskeletal conditions. She sees acute injuries, overuse injuries, fractures, concussions, and more. She sees athletes and non-athletes ranging in age from school aged children through early twenties.
What is a Sports Medicine Specialist?
A physician with significant specialized training in the treatment and prevention of illness and injury. Approximately 90% of all sports injuries are non-surgical; a Sports Medicine Specialist can maximize non-operative treatment and guide appropriate referrals. They can advise patients on proper nutrition, appropriate use of supplements, safe strength training and conditioning exercises, performance issues, and “return to play” decisions following illness or injury. A Sports Medicine Specialist can also guide non-athletes with exercise prescriptions for those wishing to increase their fitness and help patients achieve a healthy lifestyle.
Commonly Treated Conditions
- Acute Injuries: ankle sprains, muscle strains, ligament damage, joint dislocations, knee & shoulder injuries, and bone fractures
- Overuse Injuries: stress fractures, shoulder instability, knee pain, and tendonitis
- Growth Plate Injuries in young athletes
- Treatment and Casting of fractures
- Concussions and other head injuries
- Athletes with chronic or acute illness (such as asthma)
Sports Medicine Providers: